Hand and Wrist Pain Relief
There are millions of folks who suffer a great deal due to hand and wrist pain. In some cases, there is a stress disorder caused by repetitive movements, significant injury or condition like arthritis that may be causing the pain.
The pain can get out of hand sometimes. It could also lead to a situation where a person feels a lot of pain and is unable even do the simplest of tasks. Some of these could be easy tasks which include writing by hand, door opening using knobs, or opening their pain pill bottles; the situation can be quite unbearable.
You can adopt practices to mitigate pain and also get your normal life back.
The first tip is to schedule an appointment with your doctor !!
Your Doctor will execute the proper evaluation to determine the distress caused. Therefore, prescribe the appropriate medication.
Steps To Bring Relief To Your Hand And wrist
Some steps that you can take, apart from what the doctor prescribes, to bring relief to your hand or wrist:
1. Hand or wrist brace: this is something that is useful in reducing the level of strain on the ligaments as well as the joints in the wrist and hand region. It also helps to ensure that movement is only in the ‘comfort zone’ of your body
2. Gels of ice or heat: when you use these gels of ice or perhaps some heat treatment, it helps to produce a cold or warming feeling and also some tingling which contributes to soothe the region that has been affected by the pain and discomfort.
3. Exercises: Some people may have difficulty in believing this, but it is possible to reduce the hand or the wrist pain by precise movements. These activities help to enhance the flexibility of the affected ligaments and the joints.
4. Salt soaks of Epsom: This is a rather traditional and conventional form of relieving pain. The containers have simple instructions that can be easily followed. These are also quite inexpensive, and for just four dollars you can get as much as three pounds of salts that can last you one full week.
5. Oil lineaments: these are special oils that help in loosening the tissues and calming the nerves of the area that is affected. Some of these may have properties that are aroma-therapeutic that relax your body.
6. Herbal balms to reduce pain: The essences of spices, herbs as well as herbaceous species have been used for centuries, to deal with stress and suffering
7. Pain resistance and meditation: The power of the mind is inimitable. It helps to deal with pains and aches. Meditation is a method that can be mastered with time, patience and experience.
8. Therapy to channel energy: these are some of the techniques like Chakra balance as well as acupressure-that help you to reduce the focus on the area that is in pain and to enhance sensation to a larger area of the body.
You must remember that all these techniques are not a cure for pain in the wrist or on the hand. But they can indeed help in alleviating pain and stress and also act in tandem with the prescriptions of your doctor.
This post was built with the assistance from Brent McNutt.
Brent McNutt enjoys networking with healthcare professionals online. He also likes talking about Landau Scrubs and Landau Shoes and also likes writing articles about various topics.